Thursday 16 April 2009

16 wks pg today!

I'm 16wks pregnant today!! Can't believe it's going so fast. I woke up this morning and my belly was showing from underneath from shirt and Micah started to pet my belly and said "Baby". Then Abby said "I want to kiss her" (she thinks it's a girl) and gave my belly a kiss and cuddle. Then Micah did the same. It was a wonderful start to my day.

I had a midwife appt today. Just routine bloods and stuff. I declined the spina bifida and down syndrome screening as I see no point in me getting it. I wouldn't abort the baby if it did have one of those conditions anyway so what's the point in maybe getting a letter that will just make me worry. That happened to a friend of mine, she got a letter saying that her baby was at risk for spina bifida and she went for a scan and the baby was fine. So I told the midwife, "What's the point in getting the bloods taken to determine if you are at risk for these conditions, when at your 20wk scan they can tell the same thing but more detailed." She said that the only reason why they test for it at 16wks is to give people the opportunity to abort their babies if their baby does have one of these conditions. So yeah I declined it as I wouldn't kill my baby just because it wasn't perfectly healthy. Anyway, we heard the heartbeat which was beating really fast! And my midwife said that Abby can come next time and that she will let Abby help out and stuff. Abby will be so excited as she was asking me all day if she could come with me today, but since I was getting blood taken I told her no. But atleast she can come next time:)

Abby starts dance classes next week. She is super excited. She is going to have so much fun. Well, I better run as I'm off to the grocery store:)

1 comment:

  1. oooh Abby will love going to your AN 's with you!
    good start to your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete