Friday 20 May 2011

Just Before Victory by David Wilkerson

This is something I've been thinking about for the last few months. I used to believe and say things like "If it's God's will then it'll all work out smoothly and everything will fall into place". But you know, I'm not so sure that's completely true. When you look at the Bible you see so many examples of God giving someone a promise and the next minute that person is thrown into a time of confusion and stuff going wrong! Take Joseph for example. God gave him a dream and then the very next minute his brothers threw him into a pit and sold him into slavery. Then he was eventually accused of something he didn't do and thrown into prison. And it wasn't until after all of that that the promise of God was made a reality. I think we as western world Christians just associate God's will as blessing and ease. But I think that is pretty far from the truth. The persecuted church in China and other parts of the world suffer much and yet I would say that God is so close to them and pleased with them and they are more in the will of God then we are. Anyway, those have been my thoughts as of late, and then today I read this on David Wilkerson's blog and it just confirmed everything I've been thinking. I love when God does that. Anyway, I will link you to it. Please read it! It's truth and it has truly blessed and encouraged me today.

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/2011/05/just-before-victory.html

You might have to copy and paste that into your toolbar thingy, I don't know how to do it otherwise lol

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is almost exactly the lesson that was spoken at my church this past Sunday by a visiting pastor from Uganda. It was a really good sermon. It spoke straight into my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete