Monday 14 February 2011

All about Abigail

My sweet girl Abigail turned 5 today! She is the best Valentine's Day present I ever got or ever could get. She's such a sweet loving girl, with a great heart. She amazes me everyday with her questions about God and Heaven. She loves her brother and sister with all her heart, and gets protective over them. Here is a story about just how great she is:

She used to watch this show called the Numberjacks. Is pretty much about what the title is, numbers and counting and such. She used to love the program in the summer but there are a few characters in it that are the bad guys, like for example one is called the number taker and he takes numbers. She started having bad dreams so we said she couldn't watch the show anymore. As soon as she stopped watching it she stopped having the bad dreams. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and Rodney's mom had taped some kids shows onto a disc for the kids. On the dvd was the Numberjacks. When it came on Abby got up out of her seat and started to walk out of the room and started to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she didn't want to watch the Numberjacks because daddy said she couldn't and that we had to turn it off. I was so incredibly proud of her for just wanting to obey her daddy and please him. She was upset because she didn't want to disobey her daddy. I was amazed by her honesty, if she wanted to watch the program more than she wanted to obey her daddy, then she could've easily have done it without bringing to our attention that the program had come on. So she chose to obey, it was a heart felt thing and it made my heart extremely proud! What a wonderful girl she is!

That's just one of the many wonderful things she has done. She says all the time "Mommy, God is my best friend because He made me and that's why He's my best friend". I just love that girl!

She had a great day today, we didn't do anything huge or exciting, we just had Mercedes and Mia over for some cake and presents. Low key, but oh so wonderful.

I end this blog post with a link to David Wilkerson's latest blogpost. If you have time, read it! This message spoke straight to me, especially about what my last blogpost was about. I need to stop doubting that God loves me and believe what His Word says is true!

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/2011/02/danger-of-unbelief.html

No comments:

Post a Comment