Wednesday 2 February 2011

A great opportunity!

So yesterday the Consultant Midwife for the whole of our county emailed me and said that they were starting their Maternity Services Review and that they need a representative for Peterhead and that she feels I'd be the best candidate for it. I was immediately excited as I love all things that pertain to pregnancy and birth. I didn't have all the full details though and wasn't quite sure what my role would be, so I tried not to get too excited lol. I called her today and left a message. She just called me back and explained a bit more. Basically, they hold meetings to discuss the way the Maternity services are currently are and how they can improve them. There will be midwives, OB's, other medical professionals, and a few other lay people like me. I'm slightly nervous but super excited:) What an amazing opportunity! To be able to help make the maternity services better for women will be such a great thing to do. Even if my part is only small in the grand scheme of things, to be able to contribute will make my heart happy. And who knows maybe this experience will help me if I ever decide to follow my dream of becoming a midwife. The first meeting is next Wednesday in Aberdeen, eeek! I'm gonna be so nervous lol.

I'm off out to my running in about 30mins. I joined this group called JogScotland, I'm in the beginners group. We started out running 30seconds then walking 30seconds for 12 mins. Now we are up to 4mins continuous running. I'm really enjoying it, though my knees have been really sore. I've figured out the problem. I've got over pronated feet, which means I have hardly any arch and I stand on the inside of my feet. I knew that I had that problem like 10years ago and was supposed to wear special insoles to help, but I wore the inserts for probably a month and then couldn't be bothered anymore haha. But now I need to find some insoles to wear in my running shoes and that should fix my knee problem. I just need to endure tonights run and hopefully can get the insoles before next week. I'm off to get ready for my running:)

No comments:

Post a Comment