Wednesday 9 February 2011

A Scripture for today

I just typed out a big long post about my first meeting today and about the kids, but I lost is somehow when trying to post it....grrr. So I'll just post a Scripture instead lol, I really can't be bothered typing all that back out again.

James 4:11-12 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

This is what I have been thinking on lately, mainly due to circumstances in real life. But it's a mega pet peeve of mine when people speak evil of other people or talk about them behind their back. Especially us being Christians, we should know better. Can an army really be strong if they keep shooting each other? Absolutely not! We as the body of Christ can not be a true body if we are trying to maim and kill the other parts of the body. Jesus said that they (the world) will know that we are His disciples by our love for one another. And yet as Christians we treat each other like poop and we try to wound our brothers and sisters in Christ. Personally, I'm learning to keep my mouth shut. My mouth is my biggest problem. I often speak before I think, and I get passionate about stuff. I'm learning when it comes to debating that there is a huge difference between debating and trying to slit the throat of your brother. A very wise woman once said "You can be right and still be wrong", and I think that's very true.

Well, I better stop as I need to make the kids supper and get to my running. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment