Wednesday 9 February 2011

A great first day

Lydia woke up so I thought I'd re-write that post from yesterday lol.

The first workshop went really well. There were about 35 of us there. I met some really lovely ladies who were fellow lay reps. The first day was basically just an introduction day, explaining what we are trying to do etc. I can tell that this process might get a bit heated, I think there is a lot of tention between some of the Health Professionals. One guy was getting really passionate today and so it should be an interesting few weeks lol. I'm really looking forward to the whole thing though.

We've been potty training Micah and it's going surprisingly well. We started a few weeks ago and have had very few accidents. It's taking him longer to learn the #2 part of potty training lol, but he's getting there and I'm so happy to have him finally be out of nappies. He's such a big boy now, growing up way too fast!

Yesterday, Abby asked if she could go and pray on her own. Of course we said yes lol, so she took herself to her room and shut the door and prayed. She said she wanted to pray and ask God to help her do the things He wants her to do. It made my heart smile. She's such a special little girl, with a heart that just wants to obey. She'll be 5 on Monday and I can't quite believe how fast the time has gone!

I had my running group tonight, we were up to 6mins continuous jogging:) My knees were hurting a few weeks back but that seems to have subsided for now which is great! It was a great run tonight, worked me very hard as we had to run uphill for some of it, talk about leg workout lol. But it's great to get out in God's creation to get some exercise.

I've been thinking a lot lately on the concept of being a servant. Laying down your life for others, putting them first etc. There are so many Scriptures concerning this, but one that I was reading yesterday that is a great reminder.

Phil 2:3-4 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interest of others.

That can have so many outworkings in real life. Just basically by putting others before ourselves in all things. And then Philippians goes on to speak more about what true servant is:

Phil 2:5-8 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Just wow, that's all I can say to that Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment