Saturday 5 February 2011

Whose will?

I've been thinking a lot lately about the will of God versus the will of man. Just how surrendered are we to do the will of God? Or do we seek to do our own will? Jesus said, "My food is to do the will of Him that sent me, and to finish His work". And when He was in the garden of Gethsemane Jesus said "not my will but Yours be done". How much do we choose to do our own thing? Do we want our own way, our own plans, or do we want His will done in our lives? Do we take the time out to seek what His will is for our lives?

I think it's very important to seek Him on the important aspects of our lives. Who knows what is best for us better than Him? There are many teachings out there that tell you you can just choose what you want to do, who you want to marry, where you want to live. But that is SELF and if you follow that teaching you are following your self will.

Here are some good quotes from Watchman Nee's teaching "How to seek after God's will". I will put a link to the whole thing but want to put a few quotes in my blog:)

"Our heart is very wicked. Sometimes we seek after God's will superficially, but within we are full of self-will and prejudice. Our one great goal is to please ourselves."

"We should make up our mind not to initiate anything until we have found out what the will of the Lord is. It is not too slow to walk with the Lord. The quickest way to go on is to go forward on our knees with the Lord."

"May the Lord give us much strength to be quiet before Him and to wait for and seek after His will."

"From this time forth, may we stop our self, leave our self, and solely seek after the Lord's will."

Good stuff that!

Here is the link to the whole thing:
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/article_pdf.php?aid=18047

2 comments:

  1. This is really great stuff! So true, I am definitely guilty of seeking my own will and the will of other people before the will of the Lord. :( It's something I am really trying to pray about and work on lately. I needed to read this today, Thank you for posting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all my dear (guilty of seeking our own will that is). Glad you enjoyed reading my thoughts. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete