Sunday 20 February 2011

Random Ramblings again

I turned 30 yesterday.....eeek!! It was quite painful in the morning, but by the end of the day 30 wasn't so painful anymore. I went out with my friend Mercedes to watch a movie and then we grabbed a bite to eat. I love Mercedes, she makes me laugh and she is a very loyal friend. I'm blessed to have her in my life.

I'm so very tired today, I was actually falling asleep in church, that's how tired I am lol. It's been a week of hardly any sleep, with Lydia not feeling well and she didn't sleep well which meant we didn't sleep well. She is feeling better now and we are getting better sleep. But last night I was feeling kinda blue, so when I was trying to go to sleep my mind was just going and going and going and wouldn't stop. So it took a long time for me to fall asleep and then Lydia was up early, well early for her at 8:30am lol. So, I'm gonna head off to bed early tonight.

I got my appt in for the breast clinic. It's March 8th. I'm trying not to think about it, that way I don't worry between now and then. God's will be done though, no matter what happens. And I trust Him!

One of the ladies from church posted on my Facebook wall that she was really blessed by my children today at church. It melts my heart to hear people say that my children blessed them. She said that Micah prayed for the snack, and not only did he pray but he volunteered himself without even being asked. I'm so proud of him. He's the cutest boy to ever walk this planet! He's incredibly sweet, he's always randomly saying "I love you mommy." and giving me hugs and kisses. It's the greatest thing in the world. He's gonna be a huge guy when he's older, but I know that he is going to be a gentle giant. He opens doors for people too! He makes me smile!

Rodney asked me what I wanted for my birthday ages ago. I told him that the one thing I really wanted I knew we couldn't afford. I wanted professional pictures taken of the kids and the 5 of us as a family. I wanted them to be outside as we tend to like natural pictures taken instead of posed ones. Anyway, Rodney entered me into this Valentine's day competition for a local photographer. The prize was a free photo session and 5 free 5x7 photos. And I actually won!!!! I'm so excited. I know that that was a special birthday present from God, because He knew how badly I wanted that. God does love me, and it's the little things like that that prove it:) So, I've been in touch with the photographer and we are going to do an outside session but we have to wait until about April when the weather gets nicer. And to top that off, my friend Amber gave me a gift certificate to this photographer, so that can go towards extra photos. I'm very humbled and excited!!! We finally get to get family photos taken....woohoo!

I think that's all of my random ramblings for now. I'm gonna head off to bed and hopefully get a wonderful night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment